Coredis is hiring: Project Administrator
Are you a rock-star Project Administrator?
Lots of ideas but no room to grow? Looking for a role you can really make your own?
Then why not apply to join our team. Job Specification (PDF)
Coredis was formed in 2009 by Graham Jones and Craig Harffey, experienced managers in delivering Global IT Services and Projects in Investment Banking and Technology sectors. Coredis is specialist provider of IT Infrastructure, Data Centre and Transformation services.
- We are a predominantly consultancy business specialising in the delivery of Transformation Programmes, Transition Projects, Service Improvement Plans and Outsourcing initiatives
- Coredis also operates a small organically grown Managed Services division
- We have a reputation for providing thought leadership, expert guidance and industry knowledge
- Our engagements focus on identifying and minimising risk as well as cost efficiency
- Data capture, analysis and presentation provide are a key feature of our work
- We are also developing technology solutions for enhanced data management techniques through partnership with a digital services company
Our clients are predominantly large enterprises seeking specialist expertise to support IT transformation. We have worked within a number of industry sectors including emergency services, banking, retail, technology services, legal and financial markets.
Example work includes:
- Providing Data Centre managed services
- Transition of a 24x7 UK IT operations function to a global FTS (Follow The Sun) model
- Design and implementation of Data Centre as a Service (DCaaS) model to improve service delivery
- Fact finding and analysis to underpin a new Data Centre strategy
- Long term consultancy to support a major data centre expansion and acquisition programme with associated managed services contract
To support our growth plans, we have an opportunity for a Project Administrator to support our delivery capability today and help shape solutions aligned to our strategic objectives. This is a full time role (Mon-Fri 0900-1730, 37.5 hours a week, with flexible working to cover operational requirements). Coredis is a distributed organisation and you will be based from home using collaboration tools to communicate and work with the team. You will need your own car and be prepared to travel to client sites as required and attend planning meetings with the company Directors 1-2 times a week in Windsor.
We are a small company which, by definition, means a very dynamic and exciting environment. The right individual will find many areas for personal development and as a key delivery specialist, you will have an influential role in shaping business processes and techniques. It goes without saying that increased exposure to larger and more complex projects will provide plenty of opportunity to hone your project management skills and active mentoring by the Company Directors will providing training and experience in a number of additional areas. As a small company personal relationships and teamwork are of utmost importance; we are not a faceless organisation defined by hierarchy and bureaucracy so candidates with ideas and a “can-do” attitude will thrive.
Attending workshops and conference calls with our Consultants and clients to discuss and agree the deliverables and the project approach. Creating and Quality Assuring Proposals, Specifications, Statement of Work documents and Quotes.
Assisting the Operations Director and Consultants with the scoping of deliverables, risks, RACI, timescales and creation of the Project Plan.
Creating and updating internal and external project documentation including Project Plans, RAID Logs, Kanban Boards and Trackers. Carry out Quality Assurance of Project and Technical documentation.
Assignment and scheduling of consultant and technical resources to deliver the required solution. Managing the day to day delivery of project, acting as a point of escalation for conflicts and issues.
Day to day management of the project including ownership of all deployment documentation, scheduling and reporting on the project pilot, management of the schedule and continued key stakeholder engagement. For smaller client projects, act as principal point of contact and carry out account management tasks to support credit control and new business
Communications & Reporting
Building relationships with the key project stakeholders and nominated site contacts to ensure efficient scheduling and delivery of work. Providing regular checkpoint / highlight reports to both Coredis and Client detailing the progress achieved and issues encountered during the period. Hosting project meetings / calls to keep the project team up-to-date.
Refine and develop new processes for delivery, documentation and data management, feeding into our engineering roadmaps for new online management and reporting solutions. Introduce new Agile management concepts to optimise resources against requirements. Develop a lightweight change management framework for systems and documentation management.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Project management tools, techniques and methodologies
- Stakeholder management experience
- Excellent communication skills including presentation and facilitation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work with limited (or no) supervision using remote collaboration tools
Candidates will be effective at
- Demonstrating Project Management skills in a structured way
- Planning, prioritising and effective personal time / task management
- Logical & Analytical thinking to solve problems
- Having an influence without authority
- Using an articulate and responsive style
- Demonstrating an ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Summarising and presenting information effectively
- Confidently dealing with stakeholders at all levels within in the business
Qualifications and Experience
- IPMA Level D / APMP accreditation desirable
- Business Analyst / Project Management Roles: 1 year required
- Working within IT organisations / teams: 2 years experience
- Experience working within IT Operations / Service Delivery desirable
- Degree (especially computer sciences) desirable
- 7+ GCSE Grade A-C
- Clean driving licence and own car
- DBS Standard Checked
Application and Interview Process
To apply for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- An up to date CV
- A covering letter explaining why you feel you would be a great company fit
- Your current salary & expectation
Should you be selected for interview you can expect the following:
- An initial 30 min interview over Skype
- Some basic scenario / competency testing (Skype / Email)
- A follow up Skype meeting to review
- Final interview with Company Directors
If you are unsuccessful in your application, you’ll be notified via email and feedback will be provided